Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life has been busy...

I have been taking a parenting class which has been fabulous! It has really been a great help here in our home. Some of you have probably heard of it "Love and Logic" it teaches so many great things, First it brings a better spirit in our home, no more yelling and nagging! It helps parents teach children responsibility and skills they will use in the real world.
Austin made the comment: "Mom if you change your attitude, which you have, then I will work on mine."
It takes more thinking and practice on the parents part instead of just yelling for no reason, I really love it!

Both Austin and Trey are going to play soccer this year and I decided to be a soccer coach! LOL I'm going to coach Trey's team. Don't know much about soccer but this way I can control some of the practices and the trips to town! It will be fun!

I've been faithfully going to Albertsons wed. mornings and getting some GREAT deals with coupons the manager clips coupons for there customers. I just got barbecue sauce for 5cents a bottle! I know it is hard to believe! I'm really getting into coupons. I always thought people were crazy to worry about 35 cents!! Every time I think something like that down the road I find myself doing it! LOL There is this great website http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/ it has given me some great tips.

It has been so cold and it is SNOWING right know, I hate it and I'm getting really tired of it! I hope it doesn't last to long!


3 comments:

linzy said...

Rach, why don't you tell about the lady you encountered at Albertson's!!! :)

Jenni said...

Yeah! Rachel posted. That is so exciting. Heber and I are way impressed with Austin's comment. That is very cool. Also, Heber loves Soccer, Rachel, so if you need any tips, give us a call! Good luck. It sounds like you and your family are doing very well!

Anonymous said...

Hey rach, Just wanted to tell you that the parenting class that you are taking is a great one. Ben and I took that when koen was just a few months old... it taught me some really good things... I think i now need a refresher course though..... KIDS, what they won't do to you. Love you.... Miss you!!!! - Geneal