! I told Shelley that it was okay we cheated in high school because we will be making it up when our children go to school! LOL!! We will get to do it all over again!YUCK...I was not looking forward to this but I decided to change my attitude and have fun with it!
Austin's project was to see how much iron is in a dollar bill. So you place a dollar bill in a blender with 3 cups water and shred it into little pieces. Then you take a neodymium magnet(super strong) to draw out the iron in the dollar bill. They put iron in money to help with counterfeiting. Sounds simple...HA!! I got this idea off of stevespanglerscience and he said you have to have this super strong magnet. So I went online to find this awesome magnet. I order it! A few days later I had a feeling that this magnet was not going to make it. (same feeling I had when Kenadee needed to go to the hospital) I thought oh man not that feeling...I knew it was the Holy Ghost and I did not know what I was going to do! It was Sat. and the project was due on Wed. Sooo, after no sleep, worrying about a STUPID magnet!!! I got up early Monday morning and called the company which is in Florida to see where this magnet could be! They were shocked that it had not arrived because it was suppose to get there on Friday! The man asked me what I was going to do with the magnet, I told him about the science fair! He then said maybe he would send me some age appropriate magnets because the ones I order could take out my kids fillings in there teeth! Oh boy, what did I order! I said whatever as long as it will work for my(I mean Austin's) project! So, they said they would next day air my (Aust) magnets! In the mean time the man told me if the box comes...DO NOT OPEN THE BOX!! Okay...I won't open the box. Well, I needed to make a quick trip to Walmart and I left my boys home and on my way back from Wally's I pass the UPS truck. Oh no the MAGNETS, I didn't tell the boys not to open the box! My mind is racing... maybe I don't know the promptings of the Holy Ghost...oh well, I'll have to work on that later, who knows my boys might be stuck to the fridge with those super strong magnets or maybe the magnets have already ripped out a filling in there tooth...I pushed the pedal DOWN!! I ran into the house hoping they hadn't opened the box!! But, they did aaaaannnnnnnnnnndddd
there was nothing in the box! There was just a hole in the box with nothing in it!! I was shocked!! So, I think those super duper strong mags got stuck to somethingand were pulled right out of the box! CRAZY!! So I waited and waited the next day for the other mags to arrive and they DID NOT make it so I made one more trip to town to by some cow mags! The next morning the day the project is due I'm headed to the school to check out Austin project and I could not believe my eyes there was the UPS truck driving right by my house. I was already in my van so I decided I was going to follow that thing and GET MY MAGNETS!!! So, the mad science fair mother is following the brown beast down the road!! Luckily, I didn't have to follow him to far, he pulled into a yard not to far from my home! I hopped out of my van and asked that jerk (he was suppose to deliver me MY science mags yesterday) if he had a package for the Worthingtons and yep he did alright!! Finally they made it!!And let me tell ya those suckers are strong! I pinched my fingers trying to get them apart and my little finger was bleeding! But a least they finally arrived! So I finally arrived at the school with my little mags and very excited! Austin got an A+! I mean...I got an A+


Trey did the "naked egg" now this was a great project not so much DRAMA!! Thank goodness!! You soak a raw egg in vinegar for a couple of days and the egg shell comes off and the membrane becomes rubbery and transparent! This was fun and interesting! Trey had fun with it!
I did learn something from MY little science projects....TAKE A CHILL PILL!! Next, year I'm NOT going to lose any sleep! In fact I think I'll cheat and keep the posters for next year!!LOL

10 comments:
That was a hilarious story.....I remember those days of making science projects or more of helping mom do my science project. I can't believe the magnet story. I am still laughing about it.
Rachel...you made me laugh so hard I about wet my pants. The way you told that story!!! So true and hilarious! What a mother doesn't do!!! I love you! You are a true mom! By the way, I've gotten a few A's, myself!
Curious George here... who left that comment above you did not leave your name!
Rachel,
I guess you will learn allthe things in school that you should have. I would like to get my hands on a few of those powerful mags.
Jared
Oh Rachel..it was me...Auntie BARB...I thought I had signed it!
I'm still laughing today about the Mad scientist mom!
YOu deserve the "Best mother" of the Day award!
Science projects are a night mare to a real mother. You are okay. Every parent ends up doing them. Huh?
That was a real good story. gma
Thanks Barb...after those projects I do deserve an award! I'll just take all these nice comments as may award! Thanks Rachel
Hey Rach, You didn't tell me the whole story, on the phone glad I could get it on the blog. That is hilarious, I can picture it all in my mind, you chasing down the big brown turd. I love my sister she is the greatest.
Oh Rach, that is the greatest. I wish we could have had a visual to go with it. Ya...jared was right...you are a "bit" dramatic!!! mom
only a wonderful mom would care so much. You are wonderful and have amazing kids.
Post a Comment