Thursday, April 9, 2009

COURAGE...

One of my favorite quotes... "It Takes Courage To Grow Up and Become Who You Really Are!"

My boys have both been courageous and I want to share that with you! Austin came home from school discouraged because there are several kids in his class who take the Lord's name in vain. He was telling me about it and I honestly didn't know what to tell him because they were saying it right during class and the teacher never did anything about it. He would tell the other students not to say it and they would just say it anyways because they knew it bugged Austin. How many times can you get up and leave the classroom? Trey told us that his teacher tells the students that it really offends her when they say that. I really felt bad that I didn't give Austin any great advice. When he came home from school that day he told me some kid was saying it during class so Austin went up to his teacher and said, "It really offends me when so and so says God in class." The teacher stood up and told the class that it offends some people in class when they talk like that and they needed to stop. I was so proud of Austin, he took care of the problem himself and I didn't have to do it for him. It does take Courage to grow up and become who your really are!

Trey has really been working hard on his grades! He is a good student, he also gets lazy and sloppy with his writing. I've been trying to in grain in his brain that we always need to do A+ work no matter what we are doing. We always do are best! It has been a long year with tears and frustration!!! Every quarter they honor the students for honor roll. The first quarter Trey was on the honor roll, second quarter he wasn't and he felt bad. It made him want to work harder. The third quarter Trey didn't make it by 1 little point! He had a 89%. 3 A's and 2 B+. Still good but Trey wanted to be on the honor roll. You have to have 4 A's and 1 B. I went to the assembly because both the boys were being honored for citizenship and Austin was on the honor roll. Trey came home from school all excited because he got on the honor roll. I was confused. Trey told me that after the assembly he told his teacher, "I should of been on the honor roll!!!" Mrs. S said she would look over Trey's grades and talk to him later. Well later that day she added up the scores and sure enough Trey had the points to be on the honor roll! It does take courage to talk to your teacher and grow up and become who you really are!! He did all on his own! I'm glad my kids can take some of these problems in there own hands and get them solved!!

I love my kiddos!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are raising some great kids. I love these stories. Thanks for sharing.

Jenni said...

Awesome stories Rachel! I love your kids! They are great!