Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Memories...

Morgan couldn't find her shoes one morning before school, she was upset and frustrated about it. I however did not have any compassion because I asked her to lay her clothes, shoes etc. out the night before school! As you can imagine those lovely mornings when your children can't find what they need before school. Not fun...I usually want to pull my hair out!! Mornings are not my specialty. I just left this problem into Morgan's hands, she realized her mother wasn't going to help her. I was standing in the bathroom, Morgan said, "Mom I found my shoes." I was revealed because I new that the crying and carrying on wouldn't exist anymore. There was a short pause then Morgan said, "It wasn't me mom, it was Heavenly Father." (it took a minute for it to register with me what she was saying) Then she said, "I said a pray!!" Wow! Morgan solved her own problem and I didn't have to tell her what to do. She took action, had faith and recognized that her Heavenly Father was the one who helped her!

(Jared bought Austin this suit at a yard sale)
Austin had a spiritual experience in primary. I love teachers that love children and understand that there just that children. This is the first time Austin has came home excited about primary. They switched teachers because of the new year. After church every Sunday at lunch I ask the kids to share what they learned in primary. Austin has always loved what he has learned, but that Sunday it was different. I could tell by the way he was telling me that something was different. He talked about the restoration, he told how much he liked his teacher and then he said, "Mom I felt the spirit today" Tears came...what more could a mother ask for? I love this teacher!!!

The next Saturday Austin told me he was excited for church. Sunday morning for the first time in is lovely life I didn't have to tell him to get dressed for church he was just ready in a blink of an eye. I just love this teacher!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these! How neat!

Jessica said...

These are the rewarding times. I love these experiences, and you are a good mom to notice them for what they are. Your family is awesome.

linzy said...

What a BIG girl Morgan!! You should move out, I think you can do it ALL on your own!! :) ...come live with me! :)

Austy, that story made me cry!! So glad you are loving your teacher! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! by the way!!! hope you have a GREAT day!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wow! Morgan that is so amazing you have such a strong testimony of how heavenly father is always waiting to help us we just have to ask. I so glad I can be your second mother. Love ya Jana

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome Austin, you brought tears to my eyes. I so proud to be your aunt. Love ya Jana

Cyndee Bodily said...

Oh Rachel... I am with you, a teacher makes all the difference. Eli is my standoffish boy when it comes to new situations and he had a wonderful primary teacher when we moved here. It made all the difference!
You have good kids!

Jenni said...

Wow, what awesome, rewarding experiences, Rachel. You sure have good kids!