It has been a year already!!! Wow, time flies. Austin just had his birthday!
He is such a special boy in our family. We are so proud of the good choices he is making. He is working on his first merit badge for scouts and he LOVES it. He is a straight A student. He has been befriending a boy at school that doesn't get along very well with other kids at school. He is growing up so fast it is sad. He wanted to invite a bunch of friends to come over. He would of invited 20 boys if I would of let him but I told him they had to fit in the van with a seatbelt. So he picked some of his best buddies and they went swimming. Then we went and picked up pizza and had cake and icecream. I left them at the pool. Never done that before, I was a little nervous. When I got in the van the boys were in there waiting for me. They were all assigning each other 'buddies.' They all had a buddy to watch out for. I was so impressed they just came up with this and stuck to it. They had fun. Boys are great!I made chocolate cake for his birthday. I learned this new trick you can replace the oil in the cake with black beans and it is a lot healthier. Kenadee is a sugarholic and she noticed the black beans all blended up looking a lot like cake batter. She wanted some I hesitated but thought well I'll just see if she likes it. I couldn't believe it she keep wanting more. So I finally got her a bowl and put the rest in a bag to freeze. I noticed she stuck it under her arm, she didn't want me to put it away. She ate them all even what was in the bag. I couldn't believe it, neither could her siblings. They all had a taste and thought it was
gross. But they never complained about the chocolate cake.Happy Birthday Austin...We love Austin!!



3 comments:
Black beans in place of oil?!! I am going to try it!!!
Austy, I am sorry I didn't call you on your birthday, being your most favorite aunt and all you would have thought I would be the first to call. Well, I thought of you ALL day... until you got home from school!! (when I could call you) :) I am glad you had a fun birthday party, next year you'll have to invite some girls and play kiss tag! ha ha!! :) I love you Austy! Keep being the awesome boy that you are and you'll have the most awesome wife who treats you special! Love ya, linz
Happy birthday Austin!
Rachel, I am so glad to see you up and running on your blog again. I've missed you !
Hugs to everyone!
SO, do you mix up the same amount of black beans to put in as the oil content? hmmm I do love beans, and I love chocolate! It must be a Renae thing!
I am glad Austin had a good birthday and has good friends! Happy Belated Austin!
Post a Comment