Sunday, September 9, 2007

OH GOLLY...

i'm so far behind on my posting I'm not sure where to began...so I'll just randomly...begin...


Wow, summer was long, it was so busy, I was hopping from one thing to the next...we had 3 reunions this summer 2 in August! They were fun but I was wiped out from all of the going! My children tested me all summer long! The one thing that helped me get through was the scripture..."by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" this really helped me to realize the things I was asking my kids to do were small but important and I hope one day great things will come out of it!! A few quotes I often think about are...
"Either they(kids) cry now or I'll cry later" Grandma's quote or
"Will it matter in a year" Marcia's quote or
"It's only a test" "How will you react" Dad's quote and I've added
"by small and simple things...



I've been canning...I canned 5bushel of tomatoes in 4 days! Yep, I was wiped out from all that work! I made spaghetti sauce, chili sauce, salsa, whole tomatoes, and a stew. It was worth it!
I canned around 56 or more quarts of beans and about that many pickles. Dallen loves pickles! I just have to can my carrots and then I'll be done for the season! I love to look at all my work! My pantry is looking good!


The kids started school...Austin is in 4th grade! I like his teacher he is man this year and I'm excited about that! Trey is in 2nd grade and he is so excited for school he said he is having alot of fun! Morgan is going to preschool a gal moved in just from my house 30seconds away and she has a preshool in her home. We went to register Morgan and she took a few items with her a couple of bananna's and a peach, in one bag and then a small back pack with a couple of rocks in there and a notebook and pen! She was so excited to go and register it took 10min. and her first day will be Tues.! Morgan said the funniest thing the other day, I was typing on the computer and I could hear her and her friend Jillian talking! I said something funny to them and Morgan's response was this..."Mom your crazy (pause) but not weird (pause) or stupid" I thought well now I know what Morgan thinks of her Mom at age 5! A few pictures of my kids on there first day of school and Morgan on her day of registeration. Check out Morgan's cute boots I found them for 6 bucks at a second hand store!









We had a few birthdays this summer, Kenadee turned 1 and Morgan 5!!


Kenadee is growing up, she is perfect in every way, ya know, and I love to cuddle her and smother her with kisses! She is shaking her head 'no' and squeals when she wants her way and she gets it!! This is my first kid that dug into her birthday cake! Shelley gave her this cute little dress and bow for her hair! She didn't like the tall grass and Billy (horse) behind her so the photo session didn't last long.


Morgan was so excited to turn 5. Morgan is a tomboy in a skirt! She loves skirts! So for her birthday I found her a bunch of skirts and those cute boots. She was happy little 5 year old. I can't believe she is growing up, she is fun!
That is all for now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These kids steal my heart...so cute...and Rachel the canning crazy women. You are amazing. I love that you are 'doing it'.
One time I found a man selling peaches and his refrigerator truck had broken down and he was selling them for 5 cents a pound. Drippy ripe. I bought 10 boxes and we (Me - Rick - Kids) canned for 26 straight hours. I counted it as a blessing. Very hard and fun.
Yahoo...I remember one year Doyle found some windfall apples..and loaded up a pickup full..and brought them home. Marcia canned a pickup full of apples. She said she couldn't even hold a pencil in her hand she was so pooped. BUT........Isn't it fun to have full pantry shelves. YOU GO GIRL.You must be from Hilterbrand stock.
Arlene

Anonymous said...

cute rach
jared

Anonymous said...

Rach you sure have some adorable kids

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

It is so fun to hear your blog because I get to laugh twice once on the phone and then when I read it. Your my idol thanks for a great example. Love ya Jana

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having such cute funny kids to lighten my day. I think you and family are wonderful.