Sunday, July 22, 2007

Austin's Summer 2007...

Austin has been one busy kid this summer...he is playing soccer, we just bought a piano so he has started lesson just a couple weeks ago. He just about has his bear badge!(just one more thing to do) He is involved in 4H he went to a cookie class, bread making, trees and things and a gardening class. He was able to enter a few things into the fair which is in September. He got his name and picture in the paper in the cookie class. They asked him why he wanted to come to the class he said, "My mom wants me to learn how to cook, she made me come!" That is want it said in the paper! (smile) He loved the classes! They taught him how to make a loaf of bread in a large Ziploc bag by mixing all the ingredients together and letting it rise in the bag and then baking it!


Austin loves Saturdays because that is the day he LOVES to help his dad outside! I told Austin the other day he could have a friend over on Sat. he said no way I'm working with Dad on Sat.


The highlight of Austin summer has been to go spend a couple weeks with his Grandpa Worthington. He loved it!! They went fishing and Austin caught a $50.00 tag! So he bought himself a fishing pole with his money and he also bought Trey one too! He worked with Grandpa changing water, feeding cows and eating out most of the time! On the day Austin was to come home he fell asleep on Grandpa's couch after changing water. Austin has never fell asleep anywhere he just doesn't do that! I asked Austin how long he slept for he said about 20min. Later when I was talking to Grandpa about him falling asleep he said he slept for about 6 hrs. Grandpa said I would come and check on him and ask him if he wanted to go help him and he would roll over and say, "I think I'll just stay here!" Austin went to bed pretty late and got up at 5:00 a.m. every morning. I sure missed Austin he is the best little worker and helper! When he got home from Grandpa's the next morning I went out to start my van and the battery was dead! Well, I was frustrated because I was going to be late picking up Trey's friend to take them to tennis and I had to go get some groceries because I we were feeding the missionaries that night so in the mist of my frustration...Austin had the hood up, the battery charger hauled out of the garage and was about to hook up the jumper cables before I could finish thinking out how I didn't need this today! I really missed Austin he is Awesome!

Austin also has a chore chart every morning that he gets to accomplish and one of those chores is to sweep and mop the floor! He is very good at this! After he was done mopping he gave Kenadee a ride in the mop bucket! She loved it!





This picture of Austin is of him with his apricot tree! Grandpa Worthington planted a apricot seed and gave Austin strict instruction to take care of it! Austin is very diligent and it
has been two years since GWorthington has planted the seed and Austin is finally seeing how his work has paid off! He really listens to his Grandparents and wants to please them! I'm glad for there great examples to my kids!!
Austin is planning for another trip to GWorthingtons at the end of August he is so excited!

6 comments:

Sam and Jill Family said...

What a great kid. I can't believe all the things that he can do so well. Keep up the hard work Austin.

Anonymous said...

Austin, You need to come to our house and help me. Conner is a good helper but, I could use your help too. Your mom is sooo lucky to have such a great kid like you Austin. I love you

Anonymous said...

Wow...I lvoe apricots. That is sooooo amazing. One time grandpa Jack threw a bunch of apricots away by digging a hole and putting them in it. He didn't think they would grow. He was trying to get rid of them. The neighbor or someone had given them to him and they didn't want them. So he thought he could hide them and no one would know. Guess what...they grew and they had a tree!!!!! Pretty funny. grma bev

Anonymous said...

What a good boy, cool stories,
Jared

Anonymous said...

Wow Austin, You are such a hard worker! And I love that you knew how to pop the hood and pull out the battery charger. Your mom is one lucky girl! Thanks Rach for the post.

Anonymous said...

These kids and the memories you are having with them...are priceless Rachel. thanks for sharing with us...I feel like a young mom again..it brings back similar memories! aunt bb