Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Birthday...Trey!!

Trey is 7. He was born on Feb. 12, 2000. He was due Mar. 10 but decided to come early. He weighed 5lbs. 15oz. Just as his birth was a surprise I never know what he will do or say next!!! We didn't have a name picked out for Trey. So, while we were waiting Dallen came up with the name. I didn't know if I liked it at first but the name fits him. It is simple and easy. Those two words describe Trey.

Trey was a very easy baby. He could sleep anywhere. He would crawl like an army soldier. Trey has a blue blanket that he loves and had to sleep with all the time. It is more like a used rag. Trey will eat anything he never complains what is for dinner. He easily entertains himself.

Trey is simple. He enjoys the little things in life. Trey enjoys playing with simple things...like pencils, paper and boxes. He can dream up anything. He would take the cushions off of the couch and pretend it was his horse.

Trey says the darnest things the other morning I went to go get him up and moving for school. He was awake laying on his floor propped up by a blanket, legs crossed just kickin back. I told him to hurry up he was going to miss the bus. Out of the blue he said, "Mom my tires are flat!" I thought okay what does this have to do with getting ready to go?! I said, "The tires on your bike are flat?" He said, "No, on my feet!!!" I told him to air those feet up he was going to miss the bus.

When Trey was in preschool I was dropping him off with some of his friends. I told him to give me a kiss goodbye. He did and then he turned to his friends and said, "I kissed my mom...I told you I kiss girls!"

Trey loves to bear his testimony in sacrament. When he was 5 I wrote his testimony down in my journal. He said, "I know the church is true. I love Jesus. I am thankful for this world. I'm thankful for my Mom, Dad, Austin...Pause...and ME!! After Trey gets done sharing his testimony he bounces down the aile and has even slid to his seat. Trey loves to memorize scriptures as a family.

This year when we were shopping for shoes he asked me if the shoes he was trying on were sketchers!? I said, No! He then replied, "Good cause that is the dumbest commerical I ever saw."

Trey loves his mom and is a cuddly boy. He also leaves me sticky notes around the house. Trey loves to swim. Last summer when I was pregnant with Kenadee he asked me if I had a "floaty on my stomach" and if I could float in the deep end?! Trey is a good student. He loves to read. He recieved the citizenship award in his class this quarter. His teacher said, "Trey is very responsible. He returns his books and does good in his AR reading." I am so proud of him. For FHE we decided to tell Trey what we liked about him. Dad said, "Trey is fun to be around, he scratches my back and gives him hugs." Morgan said, "Trey is a special boy he makes me laugh. He helps me when I cry. He is awesome. He makes funny faces and squishes my face. Austin was thinking and Trey leans over and said, "You already know the first one." "I make good forts." It was cute. Then Austin said, "funny, cute, lovable, nice, and happy! Mom said, "Trey is kind to others, he loves his family and makes good choices.

We love you Trey you are our special boy!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, my little trey i can't believe your getting so old!! i loved all those cute little stories!! you are the cutest little guy around!! i love you bud. Rach your kids are adorable!! you are such a good mom!! love shell

Anonymous said...

Very cute little boy Trey!!! Love ya, (your favorite auntie) :)

Anonymous said...

Whenever I think of you Trey you always bring a SMILE to my face. You are such a joy to our family. Thanks for being you Trey I love you.

Anonymous said...

Trey I love you the most. You are sooo funny. I wish I got to hang out with you all day long. I hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Trey I love you the most. You are sooo funny. I wish I got to hang out with you all day long. I hope you had a Happy Birthday!